December is National Pear Month, the perfect time to celebrate the abundance, variety, and deliciousness of USA Pears. Pears are an excellent source of fiber and a good source of vitamin C. They are low in calories, sodium-free, fat-free and cholesterol-free. Although not limited, here are 5 simple reasons to choose a pear while walking out the door in the morning.
For more additonal information click on the source link below. Also leave a comment.
1. Anti-Cancerous Properties: The high fibrecontent in pears also neutralizes carcinogenic cells and prevents cancer from forming.Amongnst this Quercetin is an antioxidant found in the skin of pears to help aid in the prevention of cancer.
2. Prevents Heart Disease: With pears having high fiber content, this reduces cholesterol level, which eventually leads to a reduced risk of heart diseases.
3. Good For Bones: Pears contain the mineral called boron that absorbs calcium, which is an important nutrient for the bones. Pears are thus known to be a bone-building fruit. Boron is also vital for women's health in the productionof oestrogen, the hormone that controls their monthly cycle.
4. Protects Against Free Radicals: Pears have a number of vitamins in them like vitamins C and K,besides minerals,that fight against free radicals which cause damage to our body's cells.
5. Good For The Skin: Dietary fibres in pears play a key role in keeping the skin smooth and soft. They prevent damage to the skin collagen caused by frequent sugar spikes. Regular consumption of pears also counter ageing effectsandfree radicals.
Source: Boldsky.com; Blackdoctor.org